Research a diverse range of music around the world to create a new world of music.
The World Music Program is a program of study based on a new concept that is different from pre-existing programs. Specialized practical skills lessons have been established (*1) with a diverse range of musical instruments that exceed 20 types in number, based on the interpretation of the “music around the world”. Furthermore, this is a flexible program of study that allows students to learn according to their orientation, by combining two of the special practical skills lessons provided with all programs at the University (*2). Available elective courses for specialization are substantial and versatile. Composite learning that spans across genres nurture keen sensitivity and broad adaptability to nurture students into performers with rich expressive abilities. (*1) Please inquire for details on musical instruments covered by specialized practical skills lessons. (*2) There are specialized practical skills that are outside the scope of the program.
- A broad range of selections that surpass the boundaries of western music.
- Music composition, arrangement, recording and the like are learned in a composite manner in addition to specialized practical skills.
- Single major or multiple majors may be selected to suit the future objectives of each individual student.
- Required Courses
- Single Lesson (50 minutes x 1)
- Double Lessons (30 minutes x 2)*
* Selections are available from the specialized practical skills for other programs of study as well (some are excluded)
- Elective Courses for Specialization
- Some elective courses for specialization for other programs of study are also available.
- Elective Courses for Specialization & Liberal Arts Courses (common for all programs)
- Access here for details.